Jacqueline Bollas Caldwell
Jackie is a director of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co. L.P.A. Jackie joined the law firm in 1985, immediately after matriculation from law school. She was elected shareholder in 1991. She served on the Management Committee of the firm from 1998-2005. Jackie serves as counsel for numerous businesses in all phases of business and corporate representation including: corporate and business formation, contract negotiating, advising, and drafting, bank loan negotiation, buying and selling businesses and handling disputes between minority and majority business owners.
- Co-counsel with Partner Terry Moore and Oklahoma co-counsel in commercial litigation, recovering jury verdict in 2010 in the amount of $17.2 million, as well as an additional $4.33 million prejudgment interest awarded post trial, and attorney fees awarded post trial. Also spearheaded commercial litigation garnering a $5 million award for industrial client.
- Active in the Real Estate and Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Practice Sections of the firm, most notably in the areas of commercial leases, master service agreements, buying and selling real estate and insurance and environmental and safety issues.
- Active in the Aerospace Law and Aerospace Business Practice Sections.
- Practice embraces environmental and OSHA issues:
- Environmental and occupational safety and health practice includes environmental and OSHA compliance, litigation and working with many environmental agencies both inside and outside the State of Ohio, including the Stark County Health Department; the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency; the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region V; and various other United States Environmental Protection Agency Regional offices.
- Handles the negotiation of and drafting of the environmental provisions in legal documents such as leases, real estate purchase agreements, easements, merger and acquisition documents, and bank documents in order to structure transactions to fit within the environmental requirements and to afford protection to parties involved.
- Represents owners, sellers, purchasers, lessees, lessors and lending institutions dealing with petroleum underground storage tank issues including working with the Bureau of Underground Storage Tank Regulation and the Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Release Compensation Board in order to comply with the Underground Storage Tank requirements of the State of Ohio.
- Assists clients during inspections by Ohio and U.S. E.P.A., and with their compliance issues in all major areas of environmental law including regulations concerning underground storage tank compliance, and regulations concerning hazardous materials under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Clean Water Act and the Wetlands Requirements.
- Advises numerous clients on structured transactions to conform with Ohio’s Voluntary Action Program requirements and is currently actively involved in several projects in which covenants not to sue under Ohio’s Voluntary Action Program are being sought.
- Works with many environmental agencies both inside and outside of the State of Ohio, including the Stark County Health Department, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Environmental Protection Agency - Region Vnand other United States Environmental Agency regional offices.
- The University of Notre Dame du Lac, Notre Dame, Indiana, B.A., Co-valedictorian, Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1985
- "Fracturing and Fracking"
- "What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Advising Their Clients Regarding Electronic Documents- Email, Texts, Blackberry Messages, etc."
- “Environmental Updates Relative to Utica Shale”
- "Shale Developments In Ohio"
- "Social Media & The Workplace"
- "Understanding and Utilizing the Attorney Client Privilege"
- "OSHA New Recordkeeping and Blood born Pathogen Requirements"
- "Effective Environmental Strategies for Bankers"
- "Legal Issues Effecting Ohio Restaurants"
- "Safety & Hazmat: How to Ensure Your Company is Protected"
- "The Revised Hazard Communication Standard"
- "Public Sector OSHA Liability In Ohio"
- "Permit Required Confined Spaces"
- "OSHA Inspection Problem"
- "Self-Inspection Check Lists"
- "The Clean Air Act Amendments"
- "Understanding and Preparing for the OSHA Inspection"
- "Safety Program"
- "Hazard Communications Standard"
- “OSHA Supervisor Session”
- "Violence in the Workplace"
- "OSHA: Dealing Effectively with Workplace Issues"
- "OSHA Enforcement & Compliance"
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Ohio, 1985
- Stark County Bar Association, serves on Corporate Law Committee
- Ohio Bar Association, serves on the Environmental Law Committees
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Stark County Capital Campaigns Committee
- Board Member: Sisters of Charity Health System, Member of Public Juridic Person
- Board Member: Prescription Assistance Network
- Former president: Jackson Township Recycling Station
- Member: Jackson Township Rotary
- Member: Notre Dame Alumni Club of Canton
- Graduate: Leadership Stark County
- Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Safety Committee
Honors & Awards:
- Listed in Ohio Super Lawyers ®
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Akron Environmental Law “Lawyer of the Year” (2014) by Best Lawyers in America®
- Leading Indicators That Predict Safe Construction Projects
- Steps to Update Your Hazcom Program Compliance
- OSHA Launches Initiative to Protect Temporary Workers
- Are You on OSHA's High Hazard Inspection Hit List?
- OSHA Launches New Fall Prevention Campaign
- OSHA Inspection Checklist
- OSHA's "Severe Violator" Program Hits the Construction Industry Hard
- OSHA Releases Nail Gun Safety: A Guide for Construction Contractors
- OSHA Issues Combustible Dust Instruction
- OSHA Establishes Policy and Procedures for Side-Locks