Jason F. Haupt
Jason joined Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A., in 2002, and became a director of the firm in 2009. Jason is chair of the firm's Health Care Section, chairs the firm’s Associate Development Committee, is co-chair of the firm's Recruiting Committee and is past chair of the firm’s Marketing Committee.
Jason, his wife, Natalie, and their two children reside in Hartville.
- Advises business owners on succession planning for their businesses, including identification and analysis of third party and internal transition opportunities, and preparation of organizational documents, including buy-sell, close corporation, operating or other shareholder/owner agreements.
- Assists manufacturer and service business clients in the negotiation and preparation of a variety of contracts, including employment and noncompetition agreements, supply, distribution and vendor agreements, standards terms and conditions of sale or supply, and loan and financing agreements.
- Provides guidance and advice to health care providers on a variety of health law compliance issues including Health Care Reform; HIPAA Compliance; contracts & employment law issues; formation of physician practices; managed care contracts/network agreements; medical practice sales and acquisitions; health care litigation; fraud and abuse/self-referrals; Medicare and health insurance reimbursement
- Assists clients in the merger, sale or acquisition of assets or equity of businesses, including the application of business and tax principles in assessing the viability and effect of the proposed merger or acquisition.
- Counsels real estate clients with regards to the acquisition, development, and leasing of commercial, retail and residential real estate
Notable Presentations or Publications
- "Departing Physicians and Patient Notification"
- "Business Succession Planning"
- "Compliance Plan for Healthcare Providers"
- "Joining an Existing Physician Practice: The Employment Agreement"
- "Setting Up Your Own Physician Practice"
- “Heightened Enforcement of Fraud & Abuse Under Healthcare”
- “Disclosure Requirements for In-Office Imaging Services”
- “False Claims Act Enforcement”
- “Red Flag Compliance For Healthcare Providers”
- “Standard Care Arrangements for CNP's, CNS's and CNM's”
- “The Basics of Asset Protection for Physicians”
- "The Future of Health Care", Contributing Author, MD News Jan-Feb. 2014
- Miami University, B.S. in Finance and Marketing, 1999
- The Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2002
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Stark County Bar Association
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- The American Health Lawyers Association
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Member: Board of Directors, Quest Foundation
- Member: The Green Chamber of Commerce
- Graduate of the 20th Class of Leadership Stark County
- Past Member: Board of Directors, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce
Honors & Awards:
- Recipient, 2016 “20 Young Professionals Under the Age of 40” Award presented by Ystark!, a project of the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Listed in Ohio Rising Stars (top lawyers under 40) by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Departing Physicians and Patient Notification
- Heightened Enforcement of Fraud & Abuse Under Healthcare
- Disclosure Requirements for In-Office Imaging Services
- False Claims Act Enforcement
- Red Flag Compliance For Healthcare Providers
- Standard Care Arrangements for CNP's, CNS's and CNM's
- The Basics of Asset Protection for Physicians