Matthew R. Hunt
Matthew is a director/shareholder at Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. Matthew’s practice is focused in professional and general corporate law, commercial and residential real estate transactions, commercial litigation and workers compensation law. Matthew, his wife Christina and their sons Zachary, Anthony and Joseph, reside in North Canton.
- John Carroll University, BS/BA with degrees in Finance and Economics, 2005; actively involved in the Finance Association, Accounting Club and Economics Club
- Case Western Reserve University School Law, Juris Doctor, 2008; American Bar Association Moot Court Managing Director; Member of the Dean's list and actively involved with the law school newspaper
Notable presentations or publications:
- "Retaliatory discharge pursuant to R.C. §4123.90 does not require proof that the Plaintiff actually suffered a workplace injury"
- "Internet Libel: Defamatory Reviews and Removal", MD News, May/June 2012
- "E-Discovery and Record Retention Policies"
- "Ohio Supreme Court Modifies the Belvedere Test for Piercing the Corporate Veil"
- "Heightened Standard for Injuries Due to Aggravation", MD News
- "Damages in Negligence Claims", MD News
- "Estate Planning for Young Adults"
- "Notice of Dissolution to Creditors and Claimants:
- "Electronic Health Records - What to do during an Internet Outage" MD News, Nov/Dec 2014
Courts and Bar Admissions:
- Admitted to practice in Ohio, 2008
- Admitted to practice in Florida, 2009
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Stark County Bar Association, Member
- Y-Stark! A project of the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Co-Creator & Member of the Executive Board of Directors, Community Service Sub-Committee
- Greater Alliance Development Corporation, Executive Board Member
- First Tee of Canton, Board of Directors
- Young Alliance Professionals Association, a project of the Alliance Chamber of Commerce, President of the Board of Directors
- St. Joseph Care Center, Louisville, Ohio, Board of Directors
- Stark Young Professionals Service Organization, Board of Directors
Honors & Awards:
- Listed in Ohio Rising Stars (top lawyers under 40), Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Named as Twenty under 40! Award winner for 2014, which recognizes Stark County’s younger leaders who have demonstrated dynamic leadership and social responsibility
- Ohio House Bill 27
- Preexisting Conditions and Limitations on Ohio Workers' Compensation
- Ohio BWC Announces $1.1 Billion Rebate to Ohio Employers
- Retaliatory discharge pursuant to R.C. §4123.90 doesn't require proof that Plaintiff actually suffered a workplace injury
- New Rule Prohibits Use of Arbitration Clauses in Nursing Home Contracts
- Electronic Health Records: What to Do during an Internet Outage
- Ohio House Bill 493 Proposes Changes to Ohio Workers' Compensation for Employers
- Notice of Dissolution to Creditors and Claimants
- Estate Planning For Young Adults
- Internet Libel: Defamatory Reviews and Removal
- E-Discovery and Record Retention Policies