Michael J. Bogdan
Michael has been with KWGD since 2003. He practices primarily in the area of labor and employment law and is certified as a specialist in Labor and Employment Law by the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Guidance to employers concerning employment discrimination, employee privacy, wrongful discharge and unfair competition matters
- Advises clients on compliance with federal and state agencies
- Represents small to large businesses, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and sole proprietors
- Provides guidance to businesses on matters including shareholder disputes, contract claims, corporate collection matters, trade secret disclosures and non-compete violations and franchisee/franchisor disagreements
- Consults with clients regarding retirement plans, including defined benefit, profit sharing and 401(k) plans, as well as cafeteria plans, medical care spending plans, dependent care plans, COBRA, plan terminations and nondiscrimination rules for pension plans, health and welfare plans, and cafeteria plans
- John Carroll University, B.A., magna cum laude
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- The Ohio State University, Masters Degree
Courts and Bar Associations:
- State of Ohio, the U.S. District Court of Appeals, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and United States Tax Court
- Member: Stark County Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: American Bar Association
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Board of Directors: Pathway Caring for Children and Siffrin, Inc.
- Board of Directors: Siffrin, Inc.
Honors & Awards:
- Graduate of the 21st Class of Leadership, Stark County
- Listed in Ohio Super Lawyers®, Ohio’s Rising Stars
- Employers Required to Distribute Health Insurance Coverage Options Available Through Health Insurance Marketplace by October 1, 2013
- U.S. Immigration & Customs: New Form I-9 for Employers
- NLRB Posting Rule REVISED
- NLRB Posting Rule
- Healthcare Reform and Its Effect on Business