Michael T. Altvater
Michael is a director of the law firm of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. His practice is concentrated in the areas of business law, commercial litigation, oil and gas litigation and real estate law. Before entering private practice, Michael served as Judicial Attorney for the Honorable Elinore Marsh Stormer of the Summit County Court of Common Pleas.
- Counsels and advises business owners and individuals in business law, contract negotiations and disputes involving real estate.
- Handles all phases of commercial litigation, oil and gas litigation, construction litigation, collections and litigation involving real estate.
- Experienced with representing businesses in defending against and obtaining injunctive relief for claims involving trade secrets, denial of access to property, and repossession of construction equipment and materials.
- Represents clients in state and federal courts throughout Ohio.
- Wright State University (2002)
- University of Akron School of Law, Juris Doctor (2008); served as the President of the Moot Court Honor Society; participated in the Jessup International Moot Court team and completed the Civil Litigation Certificate Program
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio
Notable Presentations / Publications:
- "Ohio's Dormant Mineral Act: Addressing a Potential Title Problem Created by Severed Mineral Estates," 35 Energy & Min. L. Inst., § 10 (2014) (co-author)
- 2015 Stark County Bar Association Real Estate Seminar, Oil and Gas Case Law Update
- Inside Shale Weekly, 1440 WAJR, Featured Guest regarding Forced Pooling Legislation, June 2015
- Columbus Business First, Quoted in article “Utica mineral rights ruling could jolt shale bonanza,” August 2014
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Akron Bar Association, Member
- Stark County Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Oil and Gas Association, Member