Paul H. Malesick II
Paul joined Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A., as a director in January 2000, after 11 years of practicing with a firm whose practice was limited to Labor and Employment Law. A native of Steubenville, Ohio, Paul has served two years as corporate counsel for The Uniroyal Goodrich Tire Company and six years as assistant general counsel for the United Rubber Workers of America.
- In-depth experience in the design of retirement plans, including defined benefit, profit sharing and 401(k) plans, as well as cafeteria plans, medical care spending plans and dependent care plans
- Counsels clients with current legal issues in the employee benefits area, including plan terminations, nondiscrimination rules for pension plans, health and welfare plans, and cafeteria plans and COBRA
- Advises and represents clients extensively in the areas of multi-employer pension plans, including withdrawal liability
- Actively involved in developing employee benefit strategies for contract negotiations, mergers, acquisitions, and reductions in force
- Kent State University, B.A. Degree, magna cum laude, 1978
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Assistant editor of the Law Review and received a Board of Trustees scholarship
Notable Presentations and Publications:
- "Healthcare Reform"
- "Balancing the Benefits Package: Can your Company Balance The Package & Still Balance The Books"
- "Retirement Plan Design & Implementation"
- "Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)"
- "Should you add a Roth Contribution Program to your 401(k) Plan?"
- "Consumer Driven Health Care: Health Reimbursement Arrangements, Health Savings Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts"
- "Executive Nonqualified Deferred Compensation"
- "COBRA-Changes Under the New Economic Stimulus Program"
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Ohio, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third, Fourth and Sixth Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Associations
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Member: American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Member: Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, serves on both the City County Affairs Committee and Legislative Committee
- Volunteer Fundraiser: Jackson High School Boys and Girls golf teams
- Member Board of Directors: Jackson Local Schools Foundation
- Leadership Stark County, Graduate 14th Class
Honors and Awards:
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell