Andrew J. Byler
Andrew is an Associate Attorney at Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. and practices out of both the Canton and Massillon offices. Andrew is a member of the firms Employee Benefits Law and Business/Corporate Practice Sections. Andrew resides in Perry Township with his wife Elizabeth.
- Assists clients with matters in the employee benefits area, including plan terminations, plan error corrections nondiscrimination rules for pension plans, health and welfare plans, cafeteria plans, and COBRA.
- Counsels clients in all aspects of their business including entity selection, formation, and contract negotiations.
- Advises clients in the design of retirement plans, including defined benefit, profit sharing and 401(k) plans, Section 457 plans, top hat plans, and other deferred compensation arrangements
- Advises clients in drafting and implementation of cafeteria plans, flexible spending plans, health reimbursement plans, and dependent care plans.
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D, summa cum laude (2018)
- Articles Editor of the Akron Law Review (2017-2018); Assistant Editor (2016-2017)
- Member, Akron Law Mock Trial Team, 2017 AAJ, STAC Regional Champion
- CALI Award for Excellence Recipient
- Malone University, B.A., History (2010)
- J. Walter & Emma Malone Scholar
Courts and Admissions:
- Ohio (2018)
- Stark County Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Malone Young Alumni Executive Board, President
- Stanwood Community Church, Member
- Massillon Museum, Board Member
- Greater Stark County Urban League, Board of Trustees
- United Way of Greater Stark County, Allocation Council
- Twi, Inc., Board of Trustees
Honors & Awards:
Listed in Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch" 2022