Edward V. Buehrle
Ed is a director and shareholder and practices out of the Hudson office of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. His practice areas include Business, Real Estate and Financing.
- Real Estate:
- Negotiates matters relating to commercial properties, including leases, acquisitions, sales and development. Experience with complex Dispute Resolution and obtaining Temporary Restraining Orders and Injunctive relief when warranted.
- Experience in representing State Universities with their real estate needs, including Eminent Domain and structuring alternative public/private partnership models for Student Residence Facilities.
- Experience representing local financial institutions with their real estate lending and loan restructuring needs. Facilitates workouts and if necessary in obtaining judgment liens, receiverships and in taking related strategic steps to secure collateral.
- Estate Planning: Involved with Succession Planning and Estate Planning strategies for families and individuals.
- Oil & Gas: Provides counsel to operators and landowners involving negotiation of Oil and Gas Leases and pipeline Right of Ways.
- Businesses: Provides counsel on corporate business matters including, sales, acquisitions, corporate financing, formation and joint venture arrangements.
- Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Michigan, B.A., 1987
- The University of Akron, College of Business Administration, M.B.A., 1992
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1992
Notable Presentations or Publications:
- Real Estate Development Process – Planning & Zoning Aspects”
- “Ground Leases”
- “Using Letters of Intent”
- “Successful Real Estate Closings”
- “Cellular Tower Leases: Landlord Terms and Negotiation Tips”
- "Commercial Lease Negotiating Lessons: Adding Value$$"
- "What's Lending Got To Do With It? Commercial Lending Outlook"
- “Strategies for Acquiring Commercial Distressed Properties and Avoiding Common Pitfalls”
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Akron Bar Association; Past Chair: Technology Committee
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Past Board Chair: Child Guidance & Family Solutions
- Past Board Chair: Akron Area YMCA Endowment Foundation
- Past Board Member: The Loyola Retreat House
- Past Board Secretary: Cascade Capital
Honors and Awards:
- AV® Preeminent Rated Attorney by Martindale Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed in Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year” Akron Real Estate Law (2020, 2018, 2016, 2013)
- Listed in Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Maintains a "Superb" Rating Avvo