Marcus L. Wainwright
Marcus is a director of the law firm of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. and joined the firm in 2013.
Marcus focuses his practice on litigation matters including business litigation, domestic relations, personal injury litigation (plaintiff and defense), with an emphasis on employment and labor law. As a part of his broad litigation practice, he counsels clients in a wide array of matters and legal issues, including business disputes and employment litigation. He represents employers in all phases of employment litigation in both federal and state courts, as well as before various administrative agencies with experience defending employers against claims related to discrimination; harassment; breach of contract; retaliation; negligent hiring, training, retention, and supervision; misappropriation of trade secrets; tortious interference with business and contractual relationships; unfair competition; and wrongful discharge.
In addition to employment, business, and commercial litigation, Marcus advises and counsels employers on internal investigations, drafts and reviews employee policies and handbooks, and prepares employee agreements and forms, such as non-compete agreements and severance agreements. Marcus has served as first and second chair for numerous jury and bench trials, and has successfully represented a myriad of clients on appeal. Marcus also has experience in the areas of premises liability, domestic relations, and criminal law.
Prior to joining KWGD, Marcus practiced insurance defense litigation, where he successfully defended insurance clients in a wide range of litigation including: personal, professional, commercial, and products liability defense. Marcus also served as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office. As a Prosecutor, Marcus gained substantial jury trial experience, trying more than 60 jury trials, as well as extensive appellate experience in 8th District Court of Appeals.
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- Youngstown State University, B.S. in Applied Science (2000)
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Ohio (2004)
- Georgia (2011)
- United States District Courts for the Northern & Southern Districts of Ohio
- Stark County Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Summit & Medina Counties
- Greater East Ohio Chapter of The Alzheimer's Association, Member, Board of Directors (Past)
- Akron Harmon House, Member, Board of Directors
- Akron/Canton Barristers Assocation, Vice President
Honors & Awards:
- Selected to Ohio Rising Stars (top lawyers under 40) by Ohio Super Lawyers
- While in law school, recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for the highest grade in Criminal Process