Matthew P. Mullen
Matt is a director and co-chairman of the Litigation Section at Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. He also serves on the firm’s Management Committee. He practices throughout Ohio, as well as northern West Virginia and western Pennsylvania. He has tried numerous cases to verdict. Matt has built a client base which ranges from individuals in need of occasional advice to companies requiring assistance on a daily basis. Matt’s clients have come to expect advice designed to prevent disputes when it is possible and aggressive representation when it is not.
- University of Akron, B.A. Education, cum laude, 1991
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D, magna cum laude, 1994
- 1987, West Holmes High School
Professional Licenses/Bar Associations:
- State Courts: Ohio (1994); Pennsylvania (2009); West Virginia (2009).
- Federal Courts: United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio (1997); Southern District of Ohio (2004); Southern District of West Virginia (2009), Northern District of West Virginia (2011); Eastern District of Michigan (2015)
- Member of the Tuscarawas County, Stark County, and Ohio State Bar Association.
- Recognized as one of the top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of Ohio, October, 2011-present.
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy – 2010-present.
- Named to the list of “Best Lawyers in America” - 2011-Present
- Named Best Lawyers in America "Lawyer of the Year 2021
- Named to the list of Ohio “Super Lawyers”® by Cincinnati Magazine – 2011-present; and named to Ohio “Rising Stars” (top lawyers under 40) by the same publication in 2005 and 2009.
- AV “Preeminent” Rating by Martindale-Hubbell law directory peer review rating system.
- Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce, “Volunteer of the Year” Award 2004 & 2008
- Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce “Top Business Leaders under 40” 2008
- Garaway School District, 2005 Winner “Golden Apple—Citizen of the Year Award” by for volunteer work in support of the School District.
- Varavvas v. Mullet Cabinet, Inc. (Stark Co., 2009), 185 Ohio App. 3d 321.
- Sims v. Dibler (Jefferson Co., 2007), 172 Ohio App. 3d 486.
- Pioneer Gazebos v. Buckeye Barns (Wayne Co., 2006), 169 Ohio App. 3d 667.
- Hines v. State Farm Ins. Co. (Belmont Co., 2001), 146 Ohio App. 3d 128.
Continuing Professional Education Seminar Presentations:
- National Society of Professional Insurance Fraud Investigators seminar for the 2014 Advanced Insurance Fraud Seminar, entitled: "Effective Deposition Practice of Medical Providers in a Special Investigations Matter" (November, 2014)
- Kent State University, Tuscarawas County Campus, seminar entitled “Legal Aspects of Care” (January 25, 2002). Presentation of a mock trial at a nursing continuing education seminar.
- National Business Institute seminar entitled “Winning Your First Civil Jury Trial” (September 22, 2010) in Akron, Ohio. Continuing legal education for lawyers.
- National Business Institute seminar entitled “Building Your Civil Trial Skills” (December 4, 2008) in Akron, Ohio. Continuing legal education for lawyers.
- Tuscarawas County Bar Association seminar entitled “Current Issues in Civil Litigation” (May, 2010). Continuing legal education for lawyers.
- Tuscarawas County Community Foundation Seminar entitled “How Your Clients Can Benefit From Planned Giving” (May 13, 2009). Continuing education seminar for lawyers and accountants.
- "Effective Deposition Practice of Medical Providers in a Special Investigations Matter"
- “Legal Aspects of Care”
- “Winning Your First Civil Jury Trial”
- “Building Your Civil Trial Skills”
- “Current Issues in Civil Litigation”
- “How Your Clients Can Benefit From Planned Giving”
- “Storage Charges for Abandoned and Stolen Vehicles”
- “Let the Builder Beware!”
- “Rumors of Death Have been Greatly Exaggerated: Sexton Claims are Alive and Well”
- Attends Light in the Valley Chapel, Walnut Creek Ohio.
- Tuscarawas County Community Foundation (Former Board Member)
- Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce (Current member, and past Board and Governance Committee Member.
- GarawayLocalSchool District (Assistant Jr. High and Sr. High Cross Country Coach), (Past Levy Committee Chairman).
- Garaway Education Foundation (Founding member, Past President).
- Garaway Little League Association (Coach).
- Garaway Athletic Boosters (Treasurer, 2015-present; Turf and Scoreboard Chairman).
- Tuscarawas County Council for Church and Community (past Board Member).
- Past member of the Holmes County Board of Elections, Holmes County Park District, and Board of Directors for Reigns of Hope.