Nathan G. Haskell
A native of Northeast Ohio, Nate is a director at the firm. He has experience representing businesses of all sizes and life stages, including small and middle market businesses, real estate investors, private equity firms, publicly-traded companies, and nonprofit organizations. The focus of his practice is assisting clients who seek to complete an acquisition or sale of an enterprise, or raise capital in a private offering.
Prior to attending law school, Nate was a music teacher and freelance musician, performing classical trumpet repertoire as well as jazz, latin jazz, salsa, and other musical styles in venues throughout Northeast Ohio. He remains an avid supporter of the arts and a strong advocate for music and education.
Nate resides in Brunswick Hills with his wife, Erika, and his two children.
- Assists businesses in the negotiation and completion of a merger, sale or acquisition of assets or equity
- Advises clients in the negotiation and preparation of contracts, including equipment purchase agreements, terms and conditions of sale/purchase, licensing agreements, noncompete agreements, and employment agreements
- Helps startup companies and small businesses obtain funding through private offerings of equity/debt
- Assists businesses in obtaining secured and unsecured loan financing
- Counsels nonprofit organizations on formation, obtaining tax exempt status, and other compliance and corporate governance matters
- Counsels publicly-traded companies on SEC filings, and compliance with SEC, NYSE and NASDAQ rules
Courts and Bar Associations
- Ohio (2005)
- All Ohio State Courts
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Akron Bar Association
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2005)
- Baldwin Wallace College – Conservatory of Music, B.A. in Music Education (1998)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member: Board of Directors, The Roberto Ocasio Foundation
- Member: Marketing Committee, Northern Medina County Chamber Alliance
- Past Member: Board of Directors, Analog Arts Ensemble
- Past Member: Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association