A native of Alliance, Ohio, Christopher is a director at the firm and serves on the firm’s Management Committee. His corporate and tax practice focuses on small and medium sized privately held and publicly traded companies. Christopher’s real estate practice focuses on representing clients in real estate transactions including sales, purchases and commercial leases.
- Negotiates and drafts asset and stock purchase agreements, divestitures, merger/consolidation agreeements, commercial leases and reviews financing arrangements.
- Reviews and structures tax planning for clients including forming and advising on the use of IC-DISCs.
- Counsels clients in all aspects of their business, including entity formation, entity selection, business and succession planning, mergers, asset and stock acquisitions and sales, buy-sell agreements and federal income tax planning.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Juris Doctor (2006)
- The University of Akron, Master of Taxation with honors (2015)
- University of Mount Union (B.A., Management, 2003; B.A. Accounting with honors). While at Mount Union, Christopher was a member of Tau Pi Phi (Business Honor Society)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Stark County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member: The University of Mount Union Alumni Council
- Board Member and Executive Committee Member: St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Louisville, Ohio
- Board Member and Finance Committee Member: Stark Development Board
- Former Board Member and Executive Committee: Young Alliance Professionals
- St. Michael the Archangel Parish, Canton, Ohio, Parish School of Religion – served as catechist
- Graduate: The 24th class of Leadership Stark County
- Former Ambassador and Member: Ystark!, a project of the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Stark County, 24th Graduating Class
Honors & Awards
- Listed in “Ohio Rising Stars” by Cincinnati Magazine Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition and superlawyers.com (top lawyers under 40)
- Named as Twenty Under 40! Award winner which recognizes Stark County’s younger leaders who have demonstrated dynamic leadership and responsibility (2013)
- Recipient of the Community Service Award for Attorneys Under 40 from the Ohio State Bar Foundation (2014)