Edward D. Murray
Ed, a Lorain, Ohio native, and director of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A., joined in 1991. His practice focus is employment, corporate, and commercial law. Ed’s practice is concentrated in workers’ compensation as he counsels employers on every aspect of their workers’ compensation programs. Certified since 2003, Ed is a specialist in Ohio Workers’ Compensation by the Ohio State Bar Association. Ed is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Committee.
- Represents small and medium size corporations, including health care practices, manufacturing companies and professional service firms
- Supervises and manages major litigation for clients
- Serves on numerous advisory boards
- The Ohio State University,B.A. in Political Science, 1987
- The Ohio State University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1991
- Active with the Student Law Division of the Ohio State Bar Association and American Bar Association
Notable Presentations and Publications:
- "Workers' Compensation Strategies: Avoiding & Defending Lost Time Claims and Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions"
- "Out of State Coverage/Jurisdiction"
- "Ohio Workers' Compensation Basics"
- "Workers’ Compensation from an Employer’s Perspective—Terminations & Temporary Total Compensation"
- "Drug Testing & Workers’ Compensation; Workers’ Compensation Reform Legislation"
- "Controlling Workers’ Compensation Costs"
- “Workers’ Compensation Reform Legislation-New Tools to Protect Employers"
- “A Good Day for Employers: The Ohio Supreme Court Upholds the 2005 Employer Intentional Tort Reform Statute – Employees Must Now Prove “Deliberate Intent to Cause Injury” to Succeed on an Employer Intentional Tort Claim”
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1992
- Stark County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member of the Workers' Compensation Law Specialty Board; Member Workers’ Compensation Committee
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Member: Stark County Safety Council
- Member: The Self Insured Group of Ohio
- The Ohio Self Insured Association
- Member: Workers’ Compensation Forum
- Member: Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Member: Jackson-Belden Chamber of Commerce
- Member: Massillon Area Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member and Legal Advisor: Stark County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Board of Directors: Massillon Museum
- Member: Ancient Order of Hibernians, Akron Chapter
- Board Chairman: MacConmara Volunteer Parents, Inc.
- Former Chairman: Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival Timken Grand Parade Committee, 2006-2007
- Volunteer: Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival, 1992-present
- Community Advisory Board Member: Jackson School for the Arts
Honors & Awards:
- Listed in Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” Workers’ Compensation Law Akron Area by Best Lawyers in America®, 2012
- Ohio General Assembly Alters Statute of Limitation for Workers' Compensation Claims
- Ohio BWC Class Action Case Resolved: BWC To Make Restitution in The Amount of $420 Million
- Court Rules Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation Overcharged Employers
- Ohio Supreme Court Upholds Intentional Tort Reform Statute
- Ohio Supreme Court Limits Wrongful Discharge Claim