Leslie Iams Kuntz
Leslie is a director of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. Prior to joining the firm in 1990, Leslie served four years as an Assistant Stark County Prosecutor in the Civil Division. She is a frequent guest speaker at various public employment seminars as well as police officer training and school in-service seminars.
- Advocates client matters before the State Employment Relations Board (SERB) and State Personnel Board of Review (SPBR)
- Serves as the Chief Negotiator in public sector union negotiations
- Advises political subdivisions regarding public employment matters
- Serves as general counsel for several political subdivisions
- Frequent presenter to business and community groups regarding various labor issues including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Affirmative Action, and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Miami University, B.A., 1983
- University of Akron, J.D., 1986, published member of the Akron Law Review
Notable Presentations and Publications:
- “How Arbitration Works”
- "Tips for Investigating Employment Related Claims"
- "Fair Labor Standards Act"
- "New Labor Regulations"
- “SB 5/Budget Bill”
- “New Developments for Public Employers and Companies with Government Contracts: Homeland Security, Affirmative Action, and Speech Rights of Public Employees”
- "Changes with Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)"
- "Reasons to Update Your Job Descriptions"
- “Ohio Minimum Wage Law & Overtime Benefits - How the New Law Will Impact Your Company”
- "Cybervetting and Other Hiring Issues"
- "Sexual Harassment Training"
- "First Amendment Rights of Public Employees"
- “Ohio's Minimum Wage and its Continuing Impact on Employers”
- “Child Labor Law Update”
- “Ohio Public Records Act Update: Private Entities”
- "Wage & Hour Claims: Are Your Employees Properly Classified & Are Your Properly Calculating Hours Worked?"
- "Setting Up A Crisis Plan"
Courts and Bar Associations:
- Ohio, 1986
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Former Member of the Executive Committee: Stark County Bar Association, Labor Law, Unauthorized Practice
- Member: Ohio School Boards Attorney Association
- Member: NSBA Council of School Attorneys
- Member: The Public Sector Labor Relations Association
- American Bar Association, State and Local Government and Employment Law Committee
- Board Member: Canton Palace Theatre
- Treasurer and Board Member: Canton Ballet Barre Association
- Past Chairman: Hall of Fame Festival Ribs Burnoff Committee
- Served as counsel for Pro Football Hall of Fame activities
- Former Committee Member: Canton Bicentennial
- Former President: Children’s Network of Stark County Inc.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®, 2009-current
- Named Best Lawyers Employment Law - Management “Lawyer of the Year”, Akron (2012, 2014, 2017)
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9
- Federal Judge Blocks Rule Requiring Overtime For Salaried Employees Earning Under $47,476.00
- Increased Penalties for Violations of Federal Employment Law Posting Requirements Effective July 5
- Minimum Salary For Exempt Employees to Increase to $47,476 Effective December 1, 2016
- Immediate Attention Required: Increase to the Minimum Salary For Exempt Employees Expected in July, 2016
- First Expansion of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Since 1993
- Ohio's Minimum Wage Impact on Employers
- Employer Sponsored Plans Newest Feature